Alexander Vladimirovich Zakharchenko. 26.06.1976 — 31.08.2018.
The head of Donetsk People’s Republic. A Patriot. A Hero. A real Man. RIP.
Killed in terrorist act, organized by Ukrainian regime under the support and/or control of US special services. The fact that the terrorist act was planned and carried out by the special services of Ukraine under the direct supervision of the United States was declared by Eduard Basurin, deputy commander of the DPR Defense Ministry’s corps. In connection with the incident, the Investigative Committee of Russia instituted a criminal proceedings «on the basis of the elements of the crime provided for in part 3 of Article 361 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (an act of international terrorism that caused the death of a person)«. Source.
Murder of the head of state. Big or small, recognized or unrecognized state — it does not matter. Usually this is regarded as a Casus belli, i.e. direct declaration of war. June 28, 1914, the terrorist attack that killed the Archduke Franz Ferdinand. It became the prologue of the First World War. And this is not the only historical example.
The DPR in this case has the full moral and legal right to formally declare war on the Kiev regime and conduct several demonstrative military operations, like the events of 2014-2015 — the Debaltseve pocket, Ilovaisk pocket and others, when thousands of Ukrainian chasteners were deservedly destroyed, and the Ukrainian army suffered great losses — human, reputational, military, etc.
Taking into account what happened, Russia should draw the following conclusions and/or take the following measures:
- Disavow the recognition of the legitimacy of the current Ukrainian authorities. It has long been a necessary decision, the adoption of which the Russian authorities for some reason are still postponing.
- Recognize a number of Ukrainian officials as persona non grata in Russia.
- To declare that further meetings in the Normandy format are impossible, while Petro Poroshenko and his entourage are in power. To meet in the Normandy format after the assassination of Alexander Zakharchenko (one of the signatories of the Minsk agreements) by one of the participants in this format would have been a complete surrealism. However… it seems the spineless and weak-willed policy of Russia towards Ukraine allows the option of such a meetings even(!) after the terrorist attack in which the head of the DPR died.
- Recognize the verdict of the Ukrainian People’s Tribunal, who condemned Petro Poroshenko and other officials of Ukraine guilty of genocide and sentenced to life imprisonment, having legitimate force in the territory of the Russian Federation.
- Seriously consider the possibility of recognizing the independence of LDPR.
- To consider the possibility, in agreement with the authorities of the LDPR, to place a Russian military base on the territory of the republics.
- Develop and introduce into the Russian legal field the concept of a ‘state that supports terrorism’ and recognize the United States such a state, with all the ensuing consequences. There are already sufficient grounds for such a decision (illegal and criminal US’ activities in Syria, support and sponsorship of the Kiev regime, continuing US support for the war crimes of the Saudis in Yemen etc).
LDPR’ special services need to seriously review the principles of their work. The murder of a person of such a level as Alexander Zakharchenko became a very serious blunder of the security services of the Donetsk People’s Republic. They did not notice the impending assassination attempt, they let it through, let it happen. And, btw, this is not the first time. Thus, they «missed» the murder of Arseny Pavlov aka «Motorola» and Mikhail Tolstykh aka «Givi», they «slept through» an assassination attempt on Igor Plotnitsky (head of the Lugansk People’s Republic until November 25, 2017) in 2016… All these are very serious mistakes in the work of special services and security of the LDPR. They need to draw very serious conclusions from the incident and take the necessary measures to prevent such in the future.
Btw, this fact — a more than unsatisfactory work of LDPR special/security services — once again shows that there is no mythic «Russian army in the Donbass» invented by the Kiev regime. Simply because the Russian special services do not allow such a mistakes, because they have a completely and qualitatively different, long-term work experience (last year, the state security agencies of Russia celebrated the 100th anniversary). Catastrophic mistakes in the work of the Donetsk and Lugansk special services clearly speak of inexperience and poor level of work.
In addition to numerous murders, one can recall how a transmission towers towards Crimea were blown up, energy blockade of the Crimea, food blockade and economic blockade of the Crimea, illegal detention (in fact, piracy) of Russian ships and holding people hostage by Ukraine etc. Not even mentioning the military aggression of Ukraine against the population of Donbass, which has been going on for 5 years already. All these terrorist attacks and crimes are on the account of the West-backed Kiev regime.
Given all this, and especially after the murder of Alexander Zakharchenko, for the Russian Federation there is no point in continuing to have any official relations with Ukraine, or at least reduce such relations to a minimum. Any relations with a terrorist state are by definition toxic. Btw, the relations with the sponsors of such a state are no less toxic. The Russian leadership must draw appropriate conclusions. As soon as possible.
On August 2, 2018 about 200 000 (!) of Donbass residents came to bid farewell to their dead leader and commander (videos — one, two, three). People came to express their respect and pay tribute to the memory of the Hero. Alexander Zakharchenko was followed by applause:
It is very characteristic that the American video service YouTube blocked online video broadcasts from the funeral of the Head of the DPR in Donetsk. The broadcasts of «Newsfront«, the TV channel «Tsargrad» and the Donetsk «Oplot TV» were switched off. It was also reported on the removal from Facebook of a large number of posts with the name of the deceased Head of the Donetsk People’s Republic. This became another and obvious manifestation of political censorship in the West, in particular, in the United States. Source.
In this regard, one of the users wrote a very accurate comment (source):
«Facebook has removed video of the farewell of Donetsk residents with Alexander Zakharchenko. Well, sure, 200 000 people who came to bid farewell to their leader and commander, don’t fit into the ideologically correct image of the «Russian occupation» and Donbass people suffering from it».